Monday, September 17, 2007

September 14, 2007

The exam was not nearly as difficult as I anticipated, which either means I studied enough or I didn't have a clue. Let's hope it is the former. Pete, the study guide, learning objectives, terms to know, etc. were very useful and much appreciated. The exercises were also a good review of the skills we should be learning with the software, although it made for a long class. But I'm much more familiar with the techniques and translating what I'm learning to what I need at my job. I've even talked the IT department into upgrading into version 9.2, which I believe allows me to use excel files rather than database files.

In other news, the kitten has not yet eaten my bird but he is trying to destroy my furniture, carpet, and plants. Only one week to go before he's sent to the shelter. I also purchased my second large pumpkin to go along with the hay bales, much to my husband's dismay. I love the fall season and would cover the porch in pumpkins if he'd let me. The neighborhood kids get a kick out of them, so he can't complain.

No comments: