Wednesday, September 10, 2008

September 10, 2008

Since I've been bored, I finished creating a layer of building footprints. There are 96 polygons in total, which originated from the CAD polylines. Unfortunately, I was not thinking ahead and did not make a copy of the polygon layer created using the ArcToolbox function of Feature to Polygon. Since I don't have an ArcInfo license at the office, I'm unable to perform this function again. Consequently the map below shows the original CAD polylines in comparison to the polygon layer I compiled in a geodatabase. I would have preferred to compare the two polygon layers, but I can't do anything about that now.
We are still having car troubles with the Mazda. The dealer was unable to diagnose a problem and of course the car started right away for them. I finally convinced Herb we should have someone else look at it, and they are finding lots of parts to repair/replace. Of course, I don't think anything has fixed the starting issue. Hopefully it won't cost too much in the end.
Yoga has also started again, so maybe that will help to relax me.

No comments: