Wednesday, September 3, 2008

September 3, 2008

I spent some time in class looking at Microsoft's Virtual Earth gathering some building height information. Pete finally helped me convert the polyline layer to a polygon layer, which was actually very simple if you know the correct tool to use in ArcToolbox. Once this was finished, I was able to edit the attribute table by adding a field for building names. Sadly, it was not too exciting and didn't produce a new map just yet.
Herb's car died yesterday, so I'm waiting to here what the problem is....we think it could be the fuel pump. This on top of more trouble with the rental property in Philly, which we learned about last week before vacation. Apparently the wall is crumbling and needs to be repaired for several thousand. I'm waiting to see what the third piece of bad news might be.

No comments: