Friday, November 16, 2007

November 16, 2007

This class was a good refresher of creating feature datasets; I think I'm getting a better understanding of them. And I'm glad Pete was able to give me a better was to manage my files, because that will greatly help with the layer files. Of course this means I need to change some things, which will result in my recreating a map or two. Hopefully it will make my databases more accurate in the long run.

I've started creating a few more maps for the Town. I must remember to create a database to connect with my layers, which I didn't necessarily consider. It's hard not knowing exactly what the information will be needed for future analyses when people just want to look at a nice map. Maybe I'll have to sit down with them so they can realize the capabilities of the software.

Dad's surgery is scheduled for Tuesday; hopefully it won't be postponed any longer. It should make for a fun Thanksgiving holiday for my parents.

No comments: