Friday, February 8, 2008

February 9, 2008

Maybe I am actually learning something because the test questions seemed fairly logical for a change. The question is, have I learned more about map projections. I understand the concept and why they are needed, but I get very confused about the different types and when they are transverse, etc. As Pete said, we won't typically need to create the projections ourselves, so hopefully what I know will be enough. I'm sure the exercise next class will drive home any questions I might have.

I promised photos from Costa Rica, but my husband is slow. This is the only one he has sent me thus far. It is a female scarlet macaw sitting on her nest in Parque Carrara. It was actually pretty amazing that she came out when she did, as she was only visible for about 15 seconds. More amazing that Herb could get a photo. Hope you all enjoy.


No comments: